There's always something about weddings that make me cry... maybe it's the fact that I have to wear a dress, a dress so tight it constricts my breathing (haha, just kidding! :P)... or maybe it's because the happy couple reminds me of what I don't have right now, someone whom to live happily ever after with... or maybe simply because I am awed by the presence of a love so great that two souls are willing to spend the rest of their lives together, despite doubts and uncertainties, for richer or for poorer, and in sickness and in health.Today I became witness to that sort of love yet again. In front of God, their family and friends, Drew & Melai professed their love for each other and promised to be there for each other all the days of their lives. It was a Christian wedding and to be honest, I felt something I've never felt in all the times I have attended Catholic weddings… solemnity. Maybe it's just the picturesque venue messing up with my emotions but I think it's really because the pastor personally knew the couple and was able to give them advice and reminders on a more personal level. So much different from the routinary sermon most Catholic priests give about sons and daughters leaving their parents to start a new home together and all that *BORING* stuff. I hope the Catholic Church can someday adopt the same practice later on. However, I don't know if it's really possible given that there are so many Catholic parishioners out there and with only a few priests to know them on a more personal level. :(
Anyway, enough about my rants. To Drew & Melai... again, I bid you congratulations. I wish you guys all the best as you start your own family together. Click link if you want to view pictures of the wedding.
No comments:
Post a Comment